Learn About Important Changes in Medicare Part D Drug Coverage for 2019
Each year at this time, Medicare announces changes in Medicare Part D Drug Coverage for the coming year. For 2019, Medicare has made important changes to enrollment and dis-enrollment rules that affect when specific groups of Medicare Part D enrollees can get into or out of a Part D plan.
On November 8, 2018, the Center for Health Care Rights will be conducting a workshop on changes in Medicare Part D Coverage for 2019.
This workshop will help you understand important changes in Medicare Part D drug plan enrollment rules that will impact persons who have Medicare.
This training is critical for professionals who work with low income Medicare beneficiaries who are eligible for the Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy Program (LIS), such as persons who have Medicare and full scope Medi-Cal.
The workshop highlights:
- Changes in Medicare Part D cost sharing for 2019;
- How to resolve Medicare Part D eligibility and coverage problems;
- Part D enrollment rights provided by the New Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period;
- Important Changes to the Special Enrollment Period for Individuals Who Qualify for the Part D Low Income Subsidy (LIS): Starting in 2019, Medicare will restrict the special enrollment period for Medicare beneficiaries who qualify for LIS. Currently, persons who have LIS can change their Part D plan on a monthly basis. Under the new rules, these individuals will only be able to change their Part D plan once per quarter during January – September of each year.
* Registration is from 9:30AM – 10:00AM. The training will be from 10:00AM -12:00PM
* Maximum two individuals per agency.
* Continental breakfast provided.
* Free parking validation.
* Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need special accommodations.